YouTuber Burnout

Has anyone been following this story? Big gamer youTubers like PewDiePie seem to be experiencing burn out.

I always wondered how the top content authors on YouTube could sustain the daily video posting schedule. When I was doing weekly events for http://meetup.com/geekalciious I found making video promos very exhausting.

CLICK HERE FOR THE STORY

It seems the drive to remain relevant, pushes them to never takes breaks and constantly churn out content until they no longer enjoy themselves. 

I am not sure I want to be a YouTuber anymore :/

Comments

• I watch alot of YouTube, but I don't really watch alot of the vlog type channels. It seems like the people who are burning out are the daily vlogers. I don't know how they could keep that up.

There is good podcast that I highly recommend called Hello Internet.

http://www.hellointernet.fm

It's made by two youtubers, CGP Gray and Brady haran. They make mostly science/ education videos. They give some really good insights on YouTube and what youtubers have to deal with.

• I had a bit of a run with the YouTube a number of years ago and crashed out hard when google took over and never really returned. 
    Now i'm talking a couple of thousand subs in the age where a million seemed nigh impossible. I couldn't imagine what the demand on the content creators is now. not to mention how much more heavily you would have to censor yourself for dear of offending/ demonetization which seems to be all i hear about from those i know who are still active on it. 
  • @Dio737 thing is with youtube they changed the system to match with corporate networks. So they HAVE to do daily videos to get any kind of money from youtube or to stand a chance.
    Now youtube is delisting videos and flagging for no reason. So those who put all those years of effort are getting the finger pointed back.
    This is a more corporate issue and deals with negative work environments where the work is not felt to be appreciated, work horsed and abused as a slave to the industry. And this of course reflecting back at youtube due to how they treated felix pewdiepie the last 2 years.
  • Its why some find other means to fund themselves and that way not treat it as a workhorse job. But they need a following first
  • As a viewer, I'm also starting to feel bruned out.

There's a hell of a lot of content, and the algoorithm is both too narrow in it's opinion of what I like, and too good at finding new click-bait for me.

I'm starting to try to limit my time on YouTube. I have little enough time as it is. I've unsubscribed from a lot of channels, and I'm getting more restrictive on how many videos I watch.